Monday, September 08, 2008

It Must Be Some Horrible Mistake

It's not possible that I'm actually a grown up. It's a lie and I'll be found out as a fraud any day now, I know it. But I just can't explain away what happened yesterday. I can't do it and be a kid at the same time, can I? Unless I'm some kind of amazing adult/kid hybrid! That would be cool!
Wait... you want to know what happened yesterday? I guess I should explain.
I did some work for a friend of the family, folding folders (which is actually less fun than it sounds). I also got paid for doing all this. Not a huge amount, but enough for me to pay for the tattoo I've been planning on getting or buying a lot of fun shit. But did I do anything of the sort? No. No I did not.
It pains me to say it, but I took every last cent and I paid off my credit card and all of my bills. As much as that pains me, it pains me even more to say that I was actually, literally, totally, excited about paying off all my bills. Especially that fucking credit card.
Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go change in to some jammies, eat some incredibly sugary cereal while I watch cartoons.

2 comments:

Janna said...

Hey, cool!
I mean, bummer about the whole "growing up" thing (maybe it's just temporary, like a virus).

But still, cool that you paid off the credit card. Those things can be downright evil.
Yay for paying it all off.

Now go eat an extra candy bar.
Let's have a pillow fight!

Robin said...

We paid off a huge amount of our debt at one point. We were so excited. Then we bought a house. Nuff said.