Monday, September 29, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Captain Dan & the Scurvy Crew are a hip hop group that, you guessed it, sings Pirate Hip Hop. Their CD is called Rhymes of the Hip Hop Mariners which, in my opinion, is about the awesomest thing EVER.
To be honest, I'm not a Hip Hop fan (surprise, surprise). But combine it with something I love a lot, say... Pirates, and suddenly you've got something infinitely better than the original. So good, in fact, that I want it (for no other reason than to say that I own it and to get a good laugh).
Now that you're aware of this I'm sure the next gift giving-type holiday will be a breeze for you. You can get me a copy and, hell, get one for everyone you know. It's the perfect gift. Unless everyone you know happen to be ninjas. Trust me, they won't want this.
*Honestly, you have to listen to their tracks and read some of the comments. This shit is fucking priceless.
- If you're going to go to the trouble to drive an hour out of town just to take pictures (especially when gas prices are at an all time high) be sure to charge your batteries before you go. Even if you're sure they'll be fine. Or at least bring spares. Just in case.
- Newton's Laws of Motion seems to explain most cat behaviour. Or maybe that should be the other way around.
- There is a very fine line between being a realist and being a cynic.
- If you actually think you need a "life coach" to achieve your goals, make decisions, live your life the way you want, you are too stupid to actually deserve those things. If you really want to throw money away that badly you could at least be doing something useful like, oh I don't know, donating it to a fucking charity or the poor or to me. Jesus Christ on a cracker!
- There are few things more unattractive than being a fucking militant. About anything. Religion, politics, dietary choices, environmentalism, it doesn't matter. You're actually giving your cause a bad name and pushing people the other way. Here's a tip, do the research, get all the facts, put together an intelligent argument and present it at appropriate times in a calm, collected, rational manner. You'll get a lot more people listening and a fuck load more respect. Trust me.
Monday, September 22, 2008
1. Anal Lube Formula
2. Alabama Llama Farm
3. Angry Lizard Fights
4. Abraham Lincoln Farted
5. Ask Laurence Fishburne
6. Annoying Lazy Freaks
7. Artichoke Leaf Fever
8. Aspic Lovers Foundation
9. Alan Ladd Forever
10. Acrid Left-over Fumes
Anyway, I'm hoping we can get back to our regularly scheduled insanity now. Enjoy!
Monday, September 08, 2008
Wait... you want to know what happened yesterday? I guess I should explain.
I did some work for a friend of the family, folding folders (which is actually less fun than it sounds). I also got paid for doing all this. Not a huge amount, but enough for me to pay for the tattoo I've been planning on getting or buying a lot of fun shit. But did I do anything of the sort? No. No I did not.
It pains me to say it, but I took every last cent and I paid off my credit card and all of my bills. As much as that pains me, it pains me even more to say that I was actually, literally, totally, excited about paying off all my bills. Especially that fucking credit card.
Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go change in to some jammies, eat some incredibly sugary cereal while I watch cartoons.
Friday, September 05, 2008
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
I have never been a fan of Death Cab For Cutie. Then the other night I was looking around the iTunes store and ended up in the "just for you" section or whatever the hell it's called, flipping through the samples they had up. I found a couple of things I liked but when I hit this one I actually stopped and played it again. Then I got it and listened to the whole thing. Then I listened to it again. I don't know what else to say except I love it.
Monday, September 01, 2008
So in honour of this most festive time of year, I've been doing what I always do. Buying more shit for my house. Today I bought this guy.
He found a very happy home along with a few other things I have hanging in my living room. (Living room? Honestly, I need to start calling it something else. It's full of coffins, scythes and skulls.)
I should become an interior decorator. I fucking rock at this shit.
*I've also added a countdown at the bottom of the page.