Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Captain Dan & the Scurvy Crew

Honest folks, I can't make this kind of shit up. I wish I could. I don't know that it'd make me rich, but at least I'd keep myself amused forever.
Captain Dan & the Scurvy Crew are a hip hop group that, you guessed it, sings Pirate Hip Hop. Their CD is called Rhymes of the Hip Hop Mariners which, in my opinion, is about the awesomest thing EVER.
To be honest, I'm not a Hip Hop fan (surprise, surprise). But combine it with something I love a lot, say... Pirates, and suddenly you've got something infinitely better than the original. So good, in fact, that I want it (for no other reason than to say that I own it and to get a good laugh).
Now that you're aware of this I'm sure the next gift giving-type holiday will be a breeze for you. You can get me a copy and, hell, get one for everyone you know. It's the perfect gift. Unless everyone you know happen to be ninjas. Trust me, they won't want this.

*Honestly, you have to listen to their tracks and read some of the comments. This shit is fucking priceless.

2 comments:

Vulgar Wizard said...

OMG, that is too funny!

Gwenhwyfar said...

I KNOW! I actually listened to every sample just because I couldn't stop laughing.