After watching Mr. Fab's video post I decided to take a crack at this meme. I'm kind of neurotic (and by "kind of" I mean "completely") and I have lots of weird habits, so I should be able to come up with seven, no prob. Let's see...
1. When I eat breakfast I have to take a sip of my drink (no matter what it is) before I eat any of the food. I usually do this at any meal, but I'm really picky about that one at breakfast. Don't ask me why. I have no fucking clue.
2. There are certain movies I HATE watching with other people. Not to say I hate those movies, not at all. In fact almost all of them are my favourite movies. Which may be why I hate watching them with other people. So don't ever ask if I want to watch Edward Scissorhands with you. The answer will almost certainly be no.
3. I can't stand sitting with my back to the room, even worse if I have my back to a door. I seriously can't deal with it. It makes me all jumpy and uncomfortable. If there is even a glimmer of hope that I can sit with my back to a wall I will take it. I'm pretty sure I was a mob boss in a past life.
4. Despite the fact that I work at the library, I buy a lot of books. I know I can get the same ones, for free, from work. But I like to own my books. Mostly because I want to be the first one to read them. That and I am the most anal retentive person in regards to the state of my books ( as well as DVDs and CDs) that I know. I take great pains to keep them looking the way they did the day I bought them. Which means if I catch you cracking the spines of my books I will do the same to you. (As you may have guessed, the list of people who are allowed to borrow my books is short and only getting shorter.)
5. I hate liars. I hate them more than I can put in to words. It is also one of the few things I cannot forgive. Ever. If you lie to me once it makes you a liar and I have to question everything you've ever told me and anything you may tell me. And I have absolutely no qualms with completely removing you from my life. No one is important enough to escape this judgement.
6. I talk to my cats. Yeah, I'm the fucking crazy cat lady, you got a problem with that!? Fuck you.
7. I never put my heat rub, migraine pills or MSM cream (for tendonitis) away because whenever I put them away I end up needing them. I don't know why, but it never fails. So I leave them out.
8. Sharp knives must be washed and put away immediately after use. I don't do that with any other dishes (though I probably should), just the sharp knives. It actually bothers me a lot when someone uses my knives and then leaves them all dirty and crusted with gunk next to the sink.
9. When I buy a new season of any TV show on DVD I have to watch it all before I watch anything else. Which means I have watched no less than 15 seasons of various shows in a single sitting. (I did that with every season of M*A*S*H*.) I have no idea why, it's just something I do.
10. It's pointless for me to have more than one pair of shoes because when I find a pair of shoes I like, that's all I'm going to wear. No matter what the function or the weather. I will wear them until they die, I will mourn my shoes and then I will buy a new pair just to start the process over again.