Friday, December 01, 2006

Holy Melamine!

I'm a big fan of kitsch, especially when it has that 50's flare. I don't know why, I just do. I also have a serious weakness for dishes, don't ask me to explain, I can't. All I know is that more than one person has threatened me with physical violence if I bring home any more dishes and it still hasn't stopped me. So Pop Ink is probably a bad place for me to be poking around.
I really need to set aside some money and order a set of plates, or two... or three...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we all have our own obsessions. mine is cd collecting & i have almost 1100 seriously. i also collect movie dvds but only have maybe 50. i started collecting cds back in the late '80s(i'm old)so i had quite a head start w/them. i also collect penguins--i just love em, don't know why! so don't feel guilty bout your obsession. it's your money so you spend it how you want!

the plates are cool. the patterns i like are: Plant Food, Spring Fed, Naked Lunch, Tokyo to Go, but most of all the Fashion Plate(love the 50's/60's motif, so groovy man). most of them are cool(except the deer in woods, Fawn-Due)but if i HAD to choose it'd be difficult.

Gwenhwyfar said...

awww... come on! Fawn-Due is hilarious. Although I've gotta say I have a serious soft spot for the "smorgas-board".
I think I'd probably have a complete breakdown trying to decide which is my fav. So 15 sets at $40 a set is only.... $600, not including tax and shipping, which would unfortunately mean I'd have lovely dishes but nothing to eat off of them.