Sunday, October 15, 2006

Whoa, Slow Down There

Last night Naiomi and I went over to Russ's place to watch cartoons (yes, a group of adults were sitting around on a Saturday night watching cartoons) and a couple more people ended up coming over as well. One of them, for the purposes of this post we'll call Eh Steve.
Eh Steve seems like a pretty cool dude and I just want to take this opportunity to thank him. You see Eh Steve taught us all a very valuable lesson - Sometimes you shouldn't offer information too quickly.
I'll give you an example. If the cops were to show up at your house asking about some dead guy, don't just jump right in with "he wasn't here, I think I saw him at Joe's place." You should probably go with "What dead guy?"
Same goes with what happened to Eh Steve.
We were talking about Clerks 2 and Silence of the lambs, more importantly the "Man-gina" scenes in both. Russ asks "What's a man-gina?" (as I'm sure many of you may be asking yourselves). Eh Steve made the unfortunate misjudgment in timing and jumped right in there with "It's when you tuck your wiener between your legs and it looks like you have a vagina."
In hindsight, the "I know what I'm talking about" tone he seemed to get when giving his little explaination probably didn't help him out to much after we burst out laughing.
So thanks Eh Steve for this valuable lesson. I'm sure it won't be soon forgotten.

4 comments:

Jason Doan said...

Yes, sitting there silent is always the best policy when someone asks a question that you know the answer to.

Gwenhwyfar said...

It all depends on the question and how quickly you offer information.

Anonymous said...

Never offer up anything unless asked a specific question! Always give the illusion of having no clue.

First it will keep you from getting in trouble, and second when you do come out saying something that you know about it will baffle the people around you.

Oh by the way I thought you might like to know I have a website now. If you want to check it www.insug.com It went up on monday.

-Clay

Gwenhwyfar said...

Good to know FP.
Thanks!