Thursday, October 19, 2006

Grumble, Grumble, Cough, Grumble...


Whoever first said whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger was a fucking moron and they probably didn't come up with that little gem after spending four days being horrendously ill or puking their guts out for twelve hours straight. Trust me on that one, because I've done it and I can say with absolute certainty that I do not feel stronger.
A mere 24 hours ago I wasn't thinking to myself "Gee, I bet this makes me stronger", though I was having some fairly cozy thoughts of death. Even now that I've finished puking I would still have to improve to feel like death warmed over. At the rate I'm going I should buy stock in Kleenex and ginger ale.
I keep asking Naiomi to put me out of my misery, but she keeps coming up with bullshit excuses like "legalities".
It's nice to know who I can turn to in my hour of need.
My mother was kind enough to drop off some ginger ale and gravol for me, which I thought was nice until she burst in, dropped the stuff on the floor, told me she didn't want to get too close and ran. Also she later told me that when she got back to her car she doused herself, the steering wheel and the driver door panel with hand sanitizer.
Where would we all be without that motherly love?
I think being sick is making me a little grumpy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa... I hope you feel better. It's true that those stupid sayings are just saying.

Gwenhwyfar said...

Thanks. I am actually doing much better, but I'm glad that my toilet and I had a chance to chat. We had some catching up to do anyway.