Thursday, January 15, 2009

Watch As The Amazing Gwenhwyfar Fearlessly Answers Questions!

A while back Robin did the 5 questions meme and now it's my turn. Here are Robin's questions and my completely and very serious answers. They are, after all, questions of great social importance.

1. Verbal Kint, Dr. Cox or Me?
Oh geez... I have to choose? What's up with that? Can't I have my cake and eat it too (which is a stupid saying BTW, if it's my cake, why shouldn't I eat it?)? I have good reasons for choosing any one of you.
Verbal is, well, Verbal. Do I need another reason? He's Kevin at his most loveable. Even knowing that he's really a terrifying criminal mastermind, you still can't help but love him.
Dr. Cox is the kind of guy I'm usually drawn to. Loud, angry and given to ranting with the added bonus of being smart (smarts are super sexy). That and John C. McGinley is seriously hot.
Robin is just so... Robin. She has the wonder twins and the furkids and Manly Man (a definite bonus). Then, just to complete this already impossibly perfect package, she loves Kevin too.
See? How am I supposed to chose?

2. If you had 5 minutes with Kevin Spacey but could only ask him one question, what would it be?
Your place or mine?

3. What movie were you most surprised to find out you liked?
I'd probably have to go with Zoolander. I know most of you just groaned. I know isn't a totally lame movie. It's a guilty pleasure, what can I say? It makes me laugh in a totally "I don't have to think about this at all"/"I just want to watch something stupid and mindless" kind of way. But it was one of those movies I had decided I was going to hate and by the time the credits rolled I was sitting there going "So help me god, I actually liked it."

4. If you could live in any tv show which one would it be and why?
Star Trek (TNG). Hands down. How could I pick anything else? Food processors, transporters, most diseases eliminated, holodeck, alien planets, Picard, Data, Riker, Q and the list goes on. There's almost nothing that I don't love about it and way too much cool shit to pass up.

5. What is the first movie you remember?
Remember seeing? That's really hard because I have a serious problem trying to put event in chronological order.
At home I would probably say The Secret of Nimh or Donald in Mathmagic Land (yes, I still have a copy of both).
In the theatre, I clearly remember going to see The Little Mermaid with my mom, aunt and cousin (for some reason I'm sure my grandma was there too).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry but you're dumb if you don't get "have your cake and eat". It means you can't have your cake sitting there on the table whole and untouched and pretty AND BE EATING IT TOO. You can either eat the cake, at which point you no longer have it (because you ate it), or have it forever and not eat it (and presumably chronicle its slow microbial destruction on a best-selling blog called cakedeath.com).

Gwenhwyfar said...

hahahaha... Elliot, honestly, you're ridiculous. You know that, right?

Robin said...

I couldn't have asked for better answers if I answered them myself. Genius I tell you!

Oh and the first movie I remember was Cinderella in the theater and I was scared of the cat. I even brought my security blanket with me.

Janna said...

I like TNG, but my "Trek Of Choice" would have to be DS9.
I love Quark.
And it has to be the DS9 when Jadzia Dax was still around. I couldn't stand the chick who replaced her. I kept hoping the symbiont would just reach up and throttle her brain and put us all out of her/our misery.

My favorite TNG character was Worf. Loved Worf. Picard came in a VERY close 2nd. In fact, on some days, if you catch me in the right mood, I may say he was my favorite character instead.
Loved Data too.
Riker was ok, though I didn't fawn over him like some of the ladies did. I guess I just don't care for the whole facial hair thing.

I can not STAND Deanna Troi.
She annoys me to no end.
It's like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard, hearing her simultaneously overanalyze and oversimplify....

(deep breath)

Ok.
Hopefully I've sufficiently proved that I am indeed a hopeless Trek nerd with a tenuous grip on reality and a microscopic social life.

If only I had a holosuite of my own.

Gwenhwyfar said...

Janna... you need to live closer to me. Seriously. LOL
I completely agree about Troi. Goddamnit I hate her. I especially hate her stupid "powers" the NEVER come in handy. They called it pretty well in "Team America" actually. (And I really love Lwaxana so every time Troi got bitchy with her I just wanted to smack the shit out of her.)
Riker's beard bothers me a lot less than his overall body hair. I dunno, hairy guys don't do it for me. But he does strike me as someone I could hang out with.
Data is all mine. I loves him good. (Although Brent Spiner creeps me out. What does that say about me?)
Picard is one of my all time faves (and wicked hot. Seriously, "Captain's Holiday"? Bathing suit? HAWT!)
And Worf I love completely, mostly because he manages to get so many funny lines that just slip by because he's so stone faced. All time favourite Worf line? "I am not a Merry Man!"