Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Will Work For Food

Actually that's not true. I'll work for money and then I will buy food with that money, pay bills and buy silly things I don't really need, etc. But the the main part of that is working for money. Which I don't seem to be doing much of lately. Which is making me very, very grumpy. I have two jobs and neither is giving me enough hours.
The solution seems simple enough, but the thought of looking for a new job is as frustrating as the problems I have now. Especially when, despite the fact that there are a lot of places looking for employees, 99% of those jobs are part-time minimum wage high school jobs. No one with half a brain would leave a union job with benefits for a cashier gig at the fucking Home Depot.
So the search begins for a decent job that pays and gives enough hours to make everything worth while. Preferably a job that's getting me a little closer to the career I trained for. And definitely something that doesn't make "jumping in front of a speeding bus" look like a good plan.
This could be harder than it looks.

3 comments:

Gwenhwyfar said...

Thank you for clarifying. And I'd only whore myself out for you... and maybe a few others.

The Ferryman said...

You guys use money? I thought you used beaver pelts and stuff like that...

Gwenhwyfar said...

Most places still run on the barter system but with all these American chains moving in we did actually have to come up with a form of currency.
You know the saying "Don't take any wooden nickels"? It doesn't really work in Canada as our nickels are all wooden.