Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Son Of A Bitch! pt. 2

I can't even think straight right now. Seriously. What the fucking hell?
It's the first day back after the long weekend, which means it's crazy-go-nuts at work. Things pile up when the library is closed for three days, but this is insane.
Right now there are thirteen trolleys out on the floor (on a normal day there's usually about four) and six more waiting in the back (usually there are maybe two or three). On top of that there are three hundred and eight holds (on a bad day we would have two hundred, and even that is unusual). And then to make things really exciting, all but two of us called in sick. One person agreed to come in for an extra four hours later on, but until then it's just us.
The person who would normally check in the holds isn't here so the job falls to me. Looking at the three trolleys I have to deal with is making me feel sick.
It's going to be a very, very long night.
I think I'm going to cry.

No comments: