Monday, February 12, 2007

More Reasons To Belive That God Hates Me

It's been almost a week since I've slept more than 4 hours in a night.
I'm slowly loosing my mind. It wasn't so bad over my days off, but now I'm at work and the novelty has worn off... big time.
I'm exhausted and I still can't sleep. When I do sleep it's a shitty sleep. 12 hours of Carnivale didn't put me to sleep. A rather stiff drink didn't put me to sleep. I
think my brain is melting. Soon they're going to find me slumped over in the back room, drooling, with melted brain running out of my nose andsome one's gonna have to clean that up.
The on top of my not being able to think straight, my lovely cat decided it would be a really good idea to scare the shit out of me. And of course, because he's so wonderful, decided that just as I was leaving for work would be a good time.
While I was getting ready for work I heard something hit the floor in the kitchen. I have cats, so that's nothing unusual and I didn't go running to investigate. I should have.
When I got around to walking to the kitchen I found a bottle of prescription meds broken open on the floor and my cat in the middle of them, looking suspiciously like he'd been having a nibble. I'd love to tell you I took all this in stride and handled it with my usual zen-like grace, I'd love to, but it would make me a big fat liar.
I freaked.
I had no idea how many pills were left so I couldn't count the and find out if he'd actually eaten one and I had to go to work. So I called work and told them I was going to be late and then set about trying to coax my idiot of a cat out from
behind the couch. He had of course taken my freak out as my being angry at him and so made himself scarce.
I finally resorted to pulling out the can opener just to get him to come out. I checked his mouth and found nothing but teeth, a tongue and some cat breath. Then I called the vet to see what they had to say. After ten minutes we worked out that if he had actually eaten one it wasn't going to kill him, it would probably just make him a little woozy.
How is it possible to love and hate one animal so much at the same time?

No comments: