Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Five Things You Didn't Know About Me

I found a great new foodie blog and in and amongst some excellent recipes I found this. As I'm bored and having a less than creative day I thought I'd do one of my own.

1. When I'm having a bad day or I just need to relax, I grocery shop. I've discovered the art of shopping Zen, but only at the grocery store. I think it has a lot to do with the lack of guilt. I need food so if I spend a little more than I should I can't be too upset with myself. But the delicate balance that is shopping Zen is ruined if I try and shop with someone.

2. Sometimes if I can't sleep I go for a drive. It doesn't matter where, I just like to drive around at 3 in the morning. Especially in the summer.

3. I'm terrible for picking at things. Nail polish, peeling paint, labels, anything. I don't know why. This becomes worse when I drink... I get downright destructive.

4. I'm not afraid of too much but I have a serious phobia of ticks. There's no real reason for it, but I can't deal with them. I also can't even get close enough to a moth to kill it. They freak my shit out.

5. I love trying new foods. Apart from meaty stuff there really isn't much I won't try at least once. Actually I have a policy about trying things at least twice, sometimes it's better the second time around. I usually try to get at least one thing a month from the store that I've never tried before.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I feel the same way about cars - so soothing. and nothing but nothing makes me feel more alive than driving fast (alone) singing badly.
ticks ARE scary - THEY BURROW THEIR HEAD UNDER YOUR SKIN. it's not cool at all.

Gwenhwyfar said...

Anyone who tells you they don't sing along with the music when they're alone in the car is full of crap. It's the best time to sing. Especially at night, on the highway, with the windows down.