Saturday, January 20, 2007

Things I Think At 7.45am

I woke up at 7am this morning, I don't know why and I can't say I'm real happy about it. Anyway, here are some random thoughts I had while not sleeping.

- Working in such a public place, I find it astounding that we don't have more serious problems come up - patron's health-wise I mean. Most people who work a lot with the public seem to have all sorts of stories of people having heart attacks, O.D.ing, having seizures, etc. In two and a half years I've only seen one person have a seizure at the Library. Though with the number of elderly who come to the library, I keep expecting one of them to drop over while reading the paper.
Not that I want anything like that to start happening, I honestly wouldn't know what to do.

- Why is it when you stop seeing someone, drift apart, etc. they seem to get stuck at the age you last saw them in your mind. Or am I the only one who's like that?
This chick I used to be friends with had a kid who was three the last time I saw her. I don't know why but it occurred to me that her kid would be nine now. That blew my mind. I can't imagine what she must be like. I can't even imagine what she might look like. Sweet Jesus, nine!

- Why the fuck does my wall clock seem so quiet during the day but at night it gets so damned loud? Even when I'm just sitting around reading and the house is quiet during the day it still doesn't seem as loud as in the middle of the night. I swear that fucking thing is messing with me.

No comments: