Thursday, January 25, 2007

Digital?

I borrowed my Dad's old 35mm camera as I haven't used a 35mm in forever and it's actually a really good camera and you can do lots of cool things with it. Yesterday I had off and it was the kind of day I was waiting for, foggy and frosty, leaving lots of opportunity of interesting pictures. So I headed out in search of stuff to photograph.
I took some pictures of the frosty evergreens in the alley and eventually ended up at the old cemetary (yeah I know, how very goth of me).
I was looking for interesting headstones and set ups. I found lots, but it took me about 3 hours and lots of trudging through the snow. By the time I was done I was tried and cold and my jeans were soaked to the knees (luckily the car was warm). I had also gone through two rolls of film.
It was around this time that I noticed that the camera had advanced passed 24 pics on the second roll. I (in an unfortunate moment of optimism) thought that it must me a 36 roll.
Nope.
I loaded the fucking camera wrong!
Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!
I lost an hour and a halfs worth of work and 24 pictures and by that time the fog was lifting and the frost had melted. I did get a few lost pistures back by going back out in to the snow. But for the most part they're gone. All gone.
I could cry.
Stupid everything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That will teach you to use a regular ol' camera. I need to get myself a digital camera. I've been using the camera on my phone which is digital & it's so cool to be able to use it w/o having to deal w/buying or developing film!

Btw, I now have a blog BUT it's a music blog on a website called MOG. I've included the link to my site so click on my name & you can check it out. That's why I haven't been to visit your blog lately. It's a great website & I've already discovered some great new bands & music!

Admin said...

aw.....muffin.

Gwenhwyfar said...

august - I do have a digital, but it suck major ass. Oh well. And that's awesome that you've got your own. Good luck.

BBG - Cute, cute response.