Thursday, August 10, 2006

Good Luck


I know I've been taking a lot of potshots at celebrities lately, but this one I'm not going to joke about. Mostly because I actually feel bad for the guy.
Apparently Robin Williams entered rehab seeking treatment for alcoholism.
It's a shame really, he'd gone so long without all that shit. It's always terrible when people fall back into addiction.
And I know that I've been making fun of Mel Gibson for doing, essentially, the same damned thing.
The difference?
Robin Williams didn't make the decision after getting caught drinking and driving, fighting with the cops, showing himself as a bigoted, egotistic ass hat and blaming the whole thing on being drunk. That sort of douche baggery gets you made fun of and generally shit on, where as recognizing you have a problem and making a private decision to better yourself gets you understanding and wishes for good luck.

No comments: