This morning I woke up at 5.30am and about five minutes later I got a nose bleed. This wouldn't seem like a reason to stay home but let me assure you, after 45 minutes, a call to the health line, a whole box of kleenex, half a roll of toilet paper and having to decide wether or not to go to the hospital it most certainly is.
I'm also going to take this opportunity to share a few other things I learned this morning.
- When your nose gushes blood for 45 minutes it tends to get a little troubling.
- The health line is unbelievably busy at 6am.
- Even while potentially bleeding to death, I'll still insist that I don't really need to go to the hospital.
- Losing a lot of blood at 6am will leave you weak, dizzy, light headed and with a serious headache.
- Blood thinners will actually thin your blood. It's not just something they made up. Thinned blood does not clot as well as one might hope.
- If your nose is bleeding enough, chances are good that a fair portion of the blood will run down your throat. This is likely to make you gag.
- Swallowing too much blood will probably make you nauseous.
- If your nose is bleeding enough for you to be spitting blood, there is a problem.
So now you know and you can skip trying this yourself.
That's right, Kill the Body, doing stupid things and hurting ourselves to educate you - the unwashed masses.