Monday, January 02, 2006

Stuff I got

Well, for as much as I hate the holidays, I did get some nice shit.
It was an appliance heavy year, but after 3 years on my own I suppose I should have bought some of these thing for myself ages ago. I now have a blender which I'm very excited about - how I went this long without one is beyond me.
My brother picked me up the complete Mission Hill, which I love. If you don't know what I'm talking about, Mission Hill was a short lived cartoon series that I sorely miss. Unfortunately it was on the WB and the half-wits who watch the WB didn't get it, so it was cancelled. Any half intellegent person should check the show out.
I also got Johnny Cash: live at Montreux. Kick Ass! (I loves my Johnny Cash, I loves him good.) and Rammstein's Reise, Reise which also kicks much ass. (Yes, I like Johnny Cash, Rammstein and Flogging Molly... and many more I might add.) In fact I loved Reise, Reise so much that I went out a bought their latest, Rosenrot.
Rosenrot is amazing, really different from their older stuff but just as great. Unlike their older stuff, this new CD doesn't have the same heavy marching beat. This one also lost some of it industrial edge, thought I was a fan of the industrial sound, it's still really good. Rosenrot might be good to check out if you're not a huge fan of their old stuff, and even if you are I'd still suggest it.
And for the second year in a row I've got a new Casket. I'm really excited about this one, but like last year I have to decide how I want to finish it. I'm leaning toward painting it completely black and fitting it with some glass shelves (this years model is a display case), although I had been toying with the idea of lining it with red silk. It's been suggested that I do it the same as the Coffin table, but I doubt that will happen.

No comments: