Friday, August 21, 2009

No. Fucking. Way.

Alright, I realize this is one of those moments where you just kind of look at me with that vaguely sad "oh dear, she's really lost it this time" look but stay with me here.
When I was a kid there was a plethora of terrible low budget kids programming, mostly local, to chose from. One such show was a local gem - Puttnam's Prairie Emporium. For years I thought it was just one of those things I had imagined or made up or was really just fragments of other shows crammed into one memory. As it turns out, it was just a seriously local show so only myself and a handful of other freaks who grew up on CKCK kids programming remember it.
But that's hardly the point of this post.
Working at the library there is an abundance of gossip and one of my co-workers is really the gossip hub of the entire library system. Tonight he casually asked me if I remember PPE. I answered in the affirmative. He then, with equal calm, told me that the security guard working upstairs is none other than Mr. Puttnam himself.
What. The. Fuck!
Seriously, that guy always looked familiar but I could never quite place him. As soon as he said it, it all fell in to place. It fucking IS Mr. Puttnam! A little older and a little balder, but it's totally him!
Jesus Christ on a cracker! I just talked to the guy like three hours ago! I was talking to Mr. Fucking Puttnam! And he has a bunch of tattoos, which I think weirds me out almost as much as realizing that someone I can remember vividly from my childhood is now working as a security guard at the library.
How the fucking hell did that happen?
That's just too much weird for one night.

No comments: