Monday, August 04, 2008

I Wasn't Even Pretending To Be A Ghost

My cat is special. The kind of special that would have him wearing a helmet and taking the little yellow bus to school if he wear a person. He is also afraid of a ridiculous array of things. Like oven mitts for example. So for the most part, nothing much surprises me any more but last night he managed to shock me.
I got new sheets for my bed. They're nothing fancy, just white sheets with red and orange stripes. So I striped down the bed and threw my other sheets in the wash, remade the bed, no problem. Right?
Wrong.
Apparently my cat is TERRIFIED of my new sheets. He would stand on the blanket on my bed but when I set him on the actual sheets he jumped like I set him on a hot burner and freaked. It was hilariously funny until he spazzed and clawed my arm and face.
I actually had to take the sheets off the bed and replace them with my old sheets to get him to calm down. And even then it took some convincing to get him to understand that the evil sheets were gone and the bed was once again safe for kitties. I washed the new sheets last night in the hopes that it might just be because they still smell weird or something. I haven't gotten a chance to try them out again, so I'll keep you updated.
I should also mention that just to check and make sure that there wasn't something horribly wrong with the sheets (like they were covered in Cat Repellent Bat-Spray) I went and got my other cat. When I set him on the sheets he looked at the sheets, then at me and meowed indignantly for having woken him up for something as stupid as checking the sheets. So I'm going to have to assume that my other cat is out of his tiny little mind.
Finally, I wanted to point out that when I say he clawed my face, I really mean he clawed my face.

This better not scar or everyone is going to know that I really am the evil twin.

8 comments:

Gwenhwyfar said...

I seriously thought he scratched my eye. It started watering right away and it took me a second to realize it wasn't blood.
Oh and if anyone asks, I got cut in a bar fight by a guy with a broken bottle. I won.

Anonymous said...

Now's your chance to switch to being gay, chicks dig scars.

Gwenhwyfar said...

So what you're saying is, this is my "gay window to the land of rainbows"?

Robin said...

I keep thinking Aurora is going to get my face but she hasn't yet, almost but not quite. She did get my nipple once though.

Your cat is a freak, I wonder where she gets it from....

Gwenhwyfar said...

Not the nipple! And yes he is... I have no idea.

Janna said...

I KNEW you were the evil twin!

Janna said...

So, um...
What are you going to do with the new sheets?

Gwenhwyfar said...

Shh... it's a secret.
I was thinking if I can't use them at my house I might try them over at your place. ;)