Monday, August 04, 2008

Flavour Of The Week

Normally when people use the term "Flavour* of the Week" they're either talking about ice cream or someone's habit of getting themselves new arm candy every other week. While both of those are fine, for me it's usually in reference to words.
I get stuck on a word for a while, until it either gets worn out or I find something I like better. I also get a perverse pleasure when I notice that I've gotten my friends to start using my word**. I imagine it's a bit like Dr. Frankenstein seeing his creation come to life, the power he wields over life and death.
Okay, maybe that's taking it a bit far (although I would really love to have an excuse to yell "it's alive" in that deliciously over the top kind of way).
But for now my "Flavour of the Week" is Fucktarded.



*I fucking hate spellcheck giving me a fucking head trip about spelling things the proper way. Fuck you, american spellcheck. It IS spelled with a "u".

**By "my word" I don't necessarily mean I made them up, just that I've claimed them. So there.

4 comments:

Robin said...

I use "fucktard" pretty often.

Gwenhwyfar said...

Excellent!

Janna said...

Y'know, I can sorta see you there, surrounded by coffins, holding the angel of death's scythe, with a wild look in your eyes as you shout "It's aliiiiive!!!!"

It's a good look.
You should go with it.

Gwenhwyfar said...

Dude, you've pretty much described my Friday nights.