Saturday, August 04, 2007

I Came, I Saw, I Avoided The Concession Stand

For years is was rumored to be coming. Plans were in the works. At the end of it all there would be this, a monument to all that they were. And now it's here. The Simpsons movie.
I went last night with a friend and honestly I didn't know what to expect. The Simpsons was one of my favourite shows for years. I watched faithfully every week, new episodes and old. But in recent years, to say that the show was declining would be an understatement. So I suppose I wasn't expecting much.
Well I can't say that I was blown away and I can't say that it was a great movie. But I can say that it was good. It was solidily good. I've heard people complain that it was just like a really long episode of the Simpsons and to them I say DUH. What the hell else would it be? I don't care that it was like a long episode, so long as it's a good episode.
Anyway, I'd suggest the fans see it and the non-fans go see something else. (Underdog looks like it's going to be a giant pile of steamy shit, why not check it out instead? Or maybe Alvin and the chipmonks?*)




*Why the fuck is Jason Lee suddenly whoring himself out for all this shit? The Earl money couldn't possibly have run dry yet! Maybe Kevin Smith could find something for him again? Jesus, anything would be better.

No comments: