Thursday, May 03, 2007

Well At Least I Get To Use My New Favourite Insult

A while back we had to do these job evaluation questionnaires. They were stressful as hell and in short, made me very grumpy. We basically had to explain our jobs and what we do. The JE comittee went over them and sent back their report on what they think we do, what level our job is, etc.
Today we went to a meeting to discuss their ruling and ask questions. The JE committee was there along with their HR consultant. All was going well until I started asking questions. And I know what you're thinking, but I have witnesses and they will all tell you that I was civil, my questions were appropriate and at the right times. Honest.
The problem was the HR consultant. Despite asking repeatedly if anyone had questions, anyone (myself very included) were cut off, snapped at, shot down and belittled. She was rude, snippy, condescending and an out-right bitch. She all but said that we are the least important people in the library. That we're glorified chimps.
I didn't get through one question without her cutting me off, to the point where other members of the JE committee cut her off to get her to let me finish.
I've had the same bullshit, dead end job for three years. I make barely enough to live on. But still, anyone asks me about my job I can honestly say I love it. I love my job and the people I work with. Today, today was different.
For the first time in three years, I hate my job.
All the things I do above and beyond what they're telling me I do, what they're paying me to do, my basic job, I'm not willing to do any more. Any bullshit jobs people making more money that me "don't have time to do", well that's just too bad. You can all suck my ass. Do your own fucking job. JE tells me that it isn't my job, I'm not fucking doing it.
I swear to fucking Christ, anyone comes to me and tells me that ref sent them over to me to ask where something is will be asked which ref staff said it and be taken back to the ref desk where I will promptly explain that they should get off their fucking ass and do their fucking job. I'm not paid to pick up the fucking slack from anyone. They want me to do ref work, they can pay me ref wages.
You want me to just be your fucking super chimp? Fine. That's exactly what you'll get. I'll try not to drool on the books while I just randomly shove them on to the shelves.
You cock gobbling thunder cunt.

No comments: