Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Shhhhhhh!

They're putting new floor in at work (in case you're not aware, I work in a library). I'm just wondering if they're going to add anything else to make it even louder in here. The lino they picked to replace the carpet is textured, so the trolleys we use to move shit around on now make more noise than I thought possible.
I think we should add some jingle bells and a couple of sirens for good measure. The we could swap the trollys for old school kiddy waggons with the ear splittingly loud plastic wheels. Some people are still able to think over the noise.
Let me tell you folks, the libraries of the movies where everything is quiet and orderly with librarians shushing everyone are just a myth. If you're going to a real library you might want to invest in some ear plugs.

No comments: